How to Improve Sales Performance
Improving sales performance is a key factor in the success of an online business. Even when you think you have discovered the “secret formula”, you need to continue testing and making improvements to stay ahead of your competitors. Below are some simple and effective ways to improve your site’s sales performance.
A/B testing is one of the best ways to improve the sales performance of your website. Just about everything can be tested too from the layout of your products to the colors of your website. You may be surprised at how minute details make a real difference in conversion rates.
- Testing out different product photos should be one of the first things that you do. Many sellers find that larger photos increase sales by as much as 9%.
- The speed of your site is also important. Slow loading speeds increase bounce rates and some experts claim that you lose 10 percent of your customers for every second it takes to load your site. Test out the speed of your website and make improvements to increase page load speed.
- Have you tried incorporating videos into your product descriptions? Depending on your industry, videos may convince customers to make a purchase.
- Bigger is almost always better. Test out bigger text and buttons. Customers tend to be more attracted to larger elements.
Attractive offers can entice buyers who are on the fence to take the plunge and make a purchase. This can be something as simple as buy one get one free, or offering a combination of different products in one reduced-price deal. For example, you may offer a deal where customers can receive 50% off of a scarf when they purchase a hat or pair of gloves.
While it may seem obvious, many sellers forget the importance of increasing their website’s traffic. Investing in quality SEO services, guest posting and taking advantage of social media can help you drive new and targeted visitors to your website. PPC and online advertising can do the same. The more traffic your website receives, the more sales you will see.
Do you have an opt-in form on your website? If not, you may be missing out on sales. By building a list, you can greatly improve your sales. Your newsletter doesn’t always have to be for promotional purposes either. Providing your subscribers with useful and valuable information can also drive new traffic to your site, increase loyalty and improve sales.
If you already have an opt-in form, test out different locations on your website to maximize the number of subscribers you receive. The top right side of the page tends to be the best placement, but it’s important to test different locations to see what works best for your customers.
Provide Online Customer Service
Great customer service is another way to increase sales. By offering online chat customer service, customers can have their questions answered and concerns can be addressed. Providing customers with a way to contact you through email is also important.
If you are using online commerce software like Jooy.com, email should be built-in. Just make sure that you create a “Contact Us” page that’s easily visible to site visitors.
Increase the Visitor’s Time Spent on the Website
Increasing the time visitors spend on your website is crucial. If your visitors are spending no more than 30 seconds on your site, you’re losing sales. There are a few ways to increase site visit time.
- Improve site speed. As mentioned earlier, slower websites tend to have the highest bounce rates. The quicker your site loads, the longer visitors will spend on your site.
- Update your site’s design. Users respond well to websites that are professionally designed. If your website looks like it was built in the 1990s, it may be time for a modern makeover.
- Improve your site’s structure and navigation. To improve sales performance, your website should be easy to navigate. If users have to jump through hoops just to make a purchase, there’s a good chance they will change their minds before they get through the checkout process.
- Provide useful content to visitors. Another great way to keep visitors on your website is to offer them some great content. This can be in the form of informative blog posts, or you can create videos.